Sunday, June 17, 2012

Greta

I finally finished Greta round two. I had started one but did not like the threads I had used and some of the fabrics weren't quite my choice. So I decided to make a second one. Since I was making this wallhanging for my dad and I wanted it to be perfect.
I chose the Greta pattern because it's a bear and my father's name is Urs. In latin ursus means bear. So my dad has lots of bear things. He also has so much crappy kid artwork of mine in his office, so I figured I'd make him something that I wasn't embarrassed to have him display.

Here is a picture of the wallhanging as a whole.

I tried to use the quilting to make it look like the sun had sunbeams.

Here's the dedication I made for my dad. I put it on the bottom right of the border so he could see it during the day as a reminder that I care.

No comments:

Post a Comment