Sunday, October 2, 2011

Brandy's Quilt

I met Brandy over facebook, because she added me since I was Charlie's girlfriend and they had met playing Everquest, we then became close friends and talk all the time. I made a silly post on facebook saying I needed more fabric which to my surprise spurred action in Brandy. She told me she was going to get me some fabric and mail it to me. I expected her to maybe send me a couple of fat quarters, but no, I received a humongous box full of fabric, batting and backing fabric, enough to make a king sized quilt.
I agonized over what to make with it, and didn't want to just make myself a quilt. Brandy mentioned making something for a charity. I love that idea and have big plans for charity quilts, but I decided I would make her a lap quilt to cuddle up under while she relaxed on the couch, or to wrap around her when she had to pull all nighters for school.
I supplemented the fabric with some of my own pieces, and some that I received from Debbi P. who has also been incredible generous with fabric.
The fabric I got from Brandy really made me step out of my comfort zone as it was all cool colors and I have a tendency to work with bright colors. I ended up having enough to make myself a partner quilt, which I am still putting borders on, pictures of that one will follow.
But for now, here are the pictures of Brandy's quilt. I didn't want to post them until I knew she had received them. I made it as a surprise, and you have no idea how hard that was!!!



























2 comments: