Saturday, October 15, 2011

There isn't an app for that ..... At least that I could find

I am notoriously bad at drawing, you've all seen my drawings!?! And math isn't my strong suit either... Sigh!
The more I get into quilting the more I also want to design a quilt for myself that is uniquely me. But where to start?
I've also been given the task to make a block with a specific theme and I find myself at a complete loss for how to start. I need something to help me get started. Something that will help me visualize an end product. Most importantly something that can draw the right sized triangle for me. I'd like to be able to maneuver the individual pieces around and see what they'd look like in different constellations. Now, I decided to look for an app that could do that for me. No such luck!
Well, after I complained to Lauren about it she informed me there are websites where you can create your own blocks. But wouldn't it be nice of they had an app for that? Now that's an app I'd actually pay money for. That way you could take it with you to the store on a convenient tablet or even your phone. You could check what it would look like with different colors, and most importantly it would help me survive my German classes. ;)
Well, these are just my late night ramblings in anticipation to going on the sew Oregon adventure with the Laurens.

No comments:

Post a Comment