Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Greta

This is a quilt I've been wanting to do for a long time! My father's office looks like that of a kindergarten teacher, it is covered in my sisters beautiful artwork and the atrocities I was forced to create in mandatory art class. Yes, that includes things like a fly-bug created out of oodles of different wires. ATROCIOUS!
Now that I actually feel like I have an art form that helps me express myself and actually has some beauty to it. And not the kind of art where a canvas with dung on it is sold for god knows what... XD
My father's name is Urs. Ursus is the Latin word for bear. My father has a lot of things with bears on them and looks a little bit like a bear himself.
This is my first try at appliqué on a bigger scale and Lauren had to take quite a bit of time to help me get started. Some of the fabric was off and I didn't quite like the thread I used for appliquéing it either, so I decided I'd make another one and just have the first one as a tester. So far I've only made the first one and haven't gotten beyond the quilt top yet. A project that will be continued/finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment