Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Bath Salts Tutorial

Since I've been reading a lot of blogs lately I've realized that those blogs that offer tutorials and how-tos are most interesting to me, because I not only get to learn something about what the person is doing but also how to do it myself. :)
So here I figured I'd share a quickie how-to on the bath salts I made everyone for Christmas, so here goes:

This is what you will need:
a nice jar to put it in once done
Epsom salt
Essential oils in the preferred scents
Food coloring
A mixing bowl
Some extra water
A spoon

First I add some of the essential oils, food coloring and a little bit of water to the bowl and mix it up.

Then add a small amount of the salt and mix all the liquids together.

The mixture will be wetter and darker than the end result. Once you have that, then you can add more salt to just even out the mixture and fill it into the jar.

Just spoon the mixture into the jars.

I like to layer scents and colors. So then you just repeat the first few steps with a different scent and color.

And here is what it looks like in the jars.

If you have any questions or something is unclear please let me know in the comments section, so I can clarify it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment