Saturday, July 9, 2011

Heart 23, July 9th

Today's heart was made with oil pastels. I've never worked with them before, so it was kind of weird, and messy. Crumbs kept getting everywhere and melting on the paper, so I ended up having to do a background color around the heart. All of these are a blend of at least 3 different colors, except for the wing(s) of course. I used, sienna, orange red, golden ochre and lemon yellow on the heart and sky-blue, green, blue, white and then sky blue again. The heart was all done with the crayon like oil pastel sticks, and the green-blueish background was blended with my fingers. Came off my hands quicker than I expected with soap and hot water.
So without further ado, here is todays heart, even posted before midnight and everything... :)


With flash

Au naturel:

No comments:

Post a Comment