Friday, July 1, 2011

June 30th, my 14th Heart

Today's heart almost didn't exist. I've been very tired and filled by the highbrow feeling of "BLAH". Overwhelmed by the seemingly never ending stream of extra shifts at work all I wanted to do on my day off, was to spend it with my couch, rather than cleaning my house and cooking for dinner guests. So after doing all of that I was pretty close so deciding today's heart could be a day late, but thanks to my wonderful fiance who keeps me on track and makes sure I don't give up on myself and throw the towel, I made a heart made of wax. 
The idea was also his. I was cold and curled up on the couch under my just finished quilt with my puppy and my book. Since I was still cold he light candles for me. One of the candles was made of red wax. So I drew the outline of a heart with one of my pink ultra fine sharpie markers and then filled it out by slowly dripping wax into the heart.



Thanks to Charlie Houser I finished week two of hearts:



No comments:

Post a Comment