Monday, May 28, 2012

Heart Appliqué - Reverse Appliqué

This is another project I made for the paper bag club I a part of. I think I explained it before, but essentially it's a club that a few other ladies are part of. Every month on the third Thursday we get an assortment of fabric equaling up to two yards. The assignment is to make something out of the fabric and using some of all of the fabrics in it. We can also always supplement it with fabrics of our own.
So here is the quilt I made out of it. I added a bunch of other fabrics of my own and bought more of the ones I was given.
I used appliqué and reverse appliqué. My fiancé Charlie actually say there and cut out 99% of the hearts for me. We used a double amount of squares and alternately sewed the cutout heart on a square, and then sewed the frame of the cut out heart and sewed that on a square, so that the background fabric showed through in the shape of a heart.

The fabric is all flannels and very fine corduroy. I used wool batting and flannel as the backing. So it's super cuddly and warm. It's all pretty sloppy work but now almost my favorite because it's so cuddly and soft it makes you feel safe, like being wrapped up in a warm hug. :)

My hug:

No comments:

Post a Comment