Monday, May 28, 2012

My first quillow

I've been wanting to make a quillow for ever! A quillow is a quilt that has a pouch and folds up into a pillow.
So I finally tried one! I looked for patterns everywhere online and and kept coming back to the same website. This is the pattern I used. I believe that author's name is: Michele Bilyeu.
And again this was more of my extremely sloppy work! But it is also the first tester just to get an idea of the pattern and see how it works. I'm planing on making many more, but I do think I'll make them a bit bigger.
I'm planing on making a sweet fuzzy flannel one to take with me to Europe in July. Yes, even though I'm 24 I still need a blankie to feel safe when I'm alone. >_<
I think they would also make great gifts and you can customize them as much as you want too. :)

Here Charlie is wearing it as a hat-cape:

When you fold it up as the pillow this is what it looks like:

And here Noli is debating whether the pouch would be a nice little nest for her or not:

Hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment